Doolgunna Overview

The Doolgunna region of WA continues to be Ora Gold’s main exploration focus for copper (±gold).

Ora Gold Limited has two projects, each 90% owned. The remaining 10% in each case is held by prospector, Mr Bill Richmond, whose interest is free-carried to a decision to mine.

The attraction of these Red Bore and Curara Well projects is their proximity to the operating DeGrussa copper-gold mine owned by Sandfire Resources NL (SFR).

At March 2104 the Total Mineral Resource at DeGrussa stood at 13.0Mt at 4.5% Cu and 1.8gpt Au for 588,000t of contained copper and 764,000oz of contained gold (SFR announcement dated 14 April 2014). DeGrussa produced 17,654t of copper and 9,288oz of gold in the June 2014 quarter (SFR announcement dated 23 July 2014).

The Red Bore granted mining licence is completely surrounded by Sandfire’s tenements and the north-western corner of the tenement is no more than a few hundred metres from the DeGrussa treatment plant.

The Curara Well exploration licence extends approximately 15km along the prospective Jenkins Fault Zone and abuts Sandfire’s ground no more than three kilometres north of the DeGrussa mine.

The proximity of both Red Bore and Curara Well to the known copper-gold mineralisation at DeGrussa, together with Thundelarra’s recent drill successes at Red Bore, underpin the prospectivity of these projects.

Doolgunna (1 of 1)-2.jpg